The municipality of Glyfada, in antiquity was called “Aixone”. Recently the town named “Glyfada”, a name that comes from the local wells that give brackish water. Today, Glyfada is one of the heartiest municipalities of Athens with significant growth in restaurants and bars that make the area a destination for fun and entertainment.
The ideal location of Best Western Hotel Fenix allows easy access to activities both inside and outside the Municipality of Glyfada.
- Glyfada Golf Course; 5’ on foot
- Glyfada National Swimming Facilities; 5 stops away by tram
- Agios Kosmas Sports facilities; 3 stops away by tram
- Sailing Center; 4 stops away by tram
Glyfada has one of the best organized and complete markets of the region that attracts people from all over Athens. Storefronts of major Greek and foreign fashion houses, department stores with all kinds of goods and small shops form the fascinating set of Glyfada’s high streets.
Good deals throughout the year as well as official sales periods make the market of Glyfada an even more attractive destination.
After your shopping therapy, you can relax and enjoy a meal or drink at one of the many cafes with unique style that you will find in the centre of Glyfada.
Glyfada offers countless entertainment options.
From small taverns with traditional food to luxury restaurants with gourmet dishes and from small cafes to well-known clubs and live music stages, visitors of Glyfada can surely find a place that will best suit their taste and mood.
Whether you want a cosmopolitan sandy beach or wish to isolate yourself and enjoy the sun and sea, Glyfada is the ideal destination that gives you access to the best beaches of Attica. To name but a few:
Asteras Glyfada: The beach starts behind the old “Asteria” club and extends along the entire length of the small peninsula to the south of Glyfada, less than 2km from Best Western Hotel Fenix and only 5 stops away by tram.
Akti Vouliagmeni: Approximately 8km from Best Western Hotel Fenix, is the large, popular and organized sandy beach. With cosmopolitan surroundings, but still maintaining its rural character of old-times, this is a spectacular sandy beach with many trees.
Akti tou Iliou (Sun Coast) in Alimos: Meets all the requirements of an organized beach. Indeed, according to laboratory tests performed in 2013 by the Panhellenic Center of Environmental Studies, Akti tou Iliou is one of the cleanest beaches in Attica. (Take the tram to Zefiros stop)
Kavouri: Just 7km from Best Western Hotel Fenix in Vouliagmeni, lies the picturesque beach of Kavouri. Many people prefer this beach as it is free and picturesque. Appropriate for night swimming.
ΛΙΜΝΗ ΒΟΥΛΙΑΓΜΕΝΗΣ: Μόλις 9,5 χιλιόμετρα από την Γλυφάδα βρίσκεται ένα επιβλητικό τοπίο με λαβυρίνθους από υπόγεια σπήλαια και υποβρύχιες σήραγγες
ΑΤΤΙΚΟ ΖΩΟΛΟΓΙΚΟ ΠΑΡΚΟ: Με έμφαση στο συνδυασμό ψυχαγωγίας και επιμόρφωσης, το Αττικό Ζωολογικό Πάρκο, προσφέρει στους επισκέπτες του ένα μοναδικό ταξίδι στις πέντε ηπείρους, μέσα από τη ζωή 2000 ζώων από 350 διαφορετικά είδη.
- VOULIAGMENI LAKE: Just 9.5km from Glyfada is an imposing landscape with labyrinths of underground caves and underwater tunnels
- ATTICA ZOOLOGICAL PARK: Emphasizing on the combination of entertainment and education, Attica Zoological Park offers visitors a unique journey across the five continents, through the life of 2,000 animals from 350 different species.
- EXCURSIONS: There are several options for excursions if staying at Best Western Hotel Fenix. Here are just a few:
- Tour of Athens historic center and visit to the Acropolis museum
- Visit to the Temple of Poseidon at Cape Sounion
- Full-day excursion to Epidavros and Mycenae
- One-day cruise to the islands of the Saronic Gulf.